ANTI BULLYING POLICY
DJDA TEACHERS ARE COMMITTED TO PROVIDING A CARING, FRIENDLY RELATIONSHIP AND SAFE ENVIRONMENT FOR ALL OUR PUPILS. BULLYING OF ANY KIND IS NOT ACCEPTABLE IN OUR SCHOOLS.
If bullying does occur, all pupils should be comfortable in reporting all incidents, and it is seen to be dealt with promptly and efficiently.
No one deserves to be a victim of bullying. Everybody has the right to be treated with respect. Pupils who are bullying need to learn different ways of behaving.
ALL DJDA STAFF HAVE AN OBLIGATION TO RESPOND QUICKLY TO ISSUES OF BULLYING
*All bullying incidents should be recorded.
*Serious incidents should be reported to Parents/Guardians, and they will be asked to meet to
discuss the problem.
* If necessary, and appropriate, the Police should be informed.
* The threats or actual incidents should be investigated thoroughly and stopped quickly.
* Attempts must be made to change the behaviour of the bully.
* The bully must be asked to genuinely apologise.
* In serious cases suspension or exclusion from the school should be considered.
* If possible, the pupils should be reconciled.
* Cases should always be recorded and monitored to prevent re-occurrence.
THIS IS TO MAKE PUPILS AND PARENTS/GUARDIANS AWARE THAT WE TAKE BULLYNG SERIOUSLY, AND SHOW THAT ACTION WILL BE TAKEN ON ALL REPORTS.